Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Mark Savory's MotoCreations Moto Cafe.

"The "MotoCafe" series motorcycle is my tribute to Ducati’s past. It’s always been my opinion that the low production 1980s era 750 F1 series of racing replicas was the last true descendent of the magnificent Ducati TT2 racing motorcycles. I took this belief and started asking the question, “What would Massimo Tamburini, the great Italian designer who created the 916 series Superbike, have done if he’d been allowed to evolve the 750 F1 further, possibly incorporating a bit of the parts and design that he created for the 916 series itself?” Unfortunately this never happened. Instead, Ducati went on to mass produce the 750 Sport and Super Sport series of bikes, which have never sparked my emotions in the same way.
So I decided to build it myself resulting in our racer replica we call the "MotoCafe" series. The motorcycle incorporates a modern 2-valve oil-cooled engine with an oversize tube TIG-welded chromoly chassis (using the best of the 748/916/996/998 suspension, components and geometry) and wrapping it all in a swooping and refined bodywork reminiscent of the immortal 750 F1 itself. I like to believe that Massimo Tamburini would enjoy it."

No comments: